A high-quality customer experience has always been important for contact centers, but today it is one of your company’s greatest differentiators.
People interact with contact centers through a growing range of channels – phone, email, chatbots, and social media, to name a few – and expect the same standard of service across all these platforms. They also have less patience than ever. According to research from Hubspot, 90% of people say it’s important that they receive an “immediate” response when reaching out to customer service.
The challenge for contact centers is that the metrics they have traditionally tracked are measures of efficiency, not performance, and certainly not of customer satisfaction. Efficient service may please team leaders, but it doesn’t always translate to high-quality experiences. Only by tracking both internal performance AND its impact on customers can contact centers improve on both fronts.
The case for improving your analytics
To deliver a more unified customer journey, you need a more unified approach to data. This is in part why many contact centers are moving their technology systems to the cloud and Cisco Webex Contact Center.
Cloud-based analytics, such as the Cisco Webex Contact Center – Customer Journey Analyzer, make it possible to combine data from multiple streams onto a single analytics repository. These technologies allow you to combine data from your Automated Call Distributor (ACD), Interactive Voice Response (IVR), Workforce Optimization (WFO) outbound campaigns, CRM, and other applications so you can analyze all aspects of the customer journey and manage each interaction more effectively.
Here are a few more benefits of more unified customer analytics, especially when handled in real-time:
- Improved performance and productivity
- Cloud-based analytics systems display results on real-time dashboards that monitor operations throughout the day so that you can make changes adjustments on the fly for the best possible performance.
- More time for high-value tasks
- Contact centers need to focus on serving customers, not administrative work. Modern analytics systems such as those in the Cisco Webex Contact Center solution can automatically create daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly cross-system reports, which means no more time wasted on lengthy Excel documents.
- New opportunities to optimize
- The ability to, explore customer journey data in a unified ways means you can cross-analyze the three pillars of your customer experience – interactions, agent activity, and financial results – and uncover trends to help continuously refine your approach.
Contact centers are under pressure to add strategic value and show they are more than just a cost to the business, particularly with automation and chatbots gaining traction as new means to speed up customer service. This may seem like a bleak outlook, but now is actually the perfect time for contact centers to show how a deeper understanding of customers drives improved experiences and loyalty, which in turn leads to a better bottom line.
Learn more about our cloud-based offering for contact centers, including Cisco Webex Contact Center and Customer Journey Analyzer. Click here.
Other Blogs You Might Enjoy
Ready to take your unified communications from headache to hassle-free?
No throwing darts at proposals or contracts. No battling through the back-end. No nonsense, no run-around.