Cisco Introduces New Collaboration Licensing Solution – Flex 3.0
Effective September 23rd, Cisco has released its latest version of its collaboration licensing solution Cisco Flex 3.0.
What’s new in Flex 3.0
Version 3.0 offers several essential changes that will impact existing users and potential new users interested in Cisco Collaboration tools
- End of Life – Perpetual Calling Licenses
- Customers will no longer be able to buy perpetual user licenses.
- Commercial model change only
- End of sale on SWSS (January 2021); no more reinstatements for expired contracts
Simplified Enterprise Agreement (EA)
- Single tier for each EA: Calling, Meeting, Calling + Meeting EA
- Hard bundle better-together Calling + Meeting: benefit when buying together – Competitive pricing
- Easier entitlement for add-ons and extras
- Programmatic Ramp for Calling – pre-select a Calling Ramp schedule; no LOA required!
- Allows for 20 percent growth
Flexibility for Named User offering (3-tiers)
- Professional – Designed for organizations utilizing multiple communication devices
- Includes – multiple device support, Emergency Responder, SRST, Webex Teams, and voicemail.
- Enhanced – Designed for task-based teams who use a single device without the need for voicemail.
- Includes – one device support, Emergency Responder, SRST, Webex Teams
- Access – Dial-tone and basic calling capabilities on basic devices.
- Includes – one device support, Emergency Responder, SRST
- Lower EA and NU calling prices include value for existing licenses – No trade-in required
- Multi-year incentives for Named User and EA offer
Flex 3.0 is the direct result of feedback that Cisco received from its previous release of version 2.0. Gone is the complexity that plagued Flex in the past, replaced by streamlined, structured tiers, additional features at a more competitive price point.
For more information or to see how your organization can benefit from Flex 3.0, please contact your Stack8 representative.
Other Blogs You Might Enjoy
Ready to take your unified communications from headache to hassle-free?
No throwing darts at proposals or contracts. No battling through the back-end. No nonsense, no run-around.