*Accepting applications from across Canada only*
You made it here and we’re glad you did. Perhaps you are curious about how our potential matches up with yours. Or perhaps you are keen to do something amazing. Either way, it’s a match worth exploring.
At ZIRO, you have the unique opportunity to play a central role in improving our finance department to scale for the future. Your experience as Financial Controller coupled with your entrepreneurial mindset and sharp communication skills will help us take our business to the next level by developing, managing, and executing ZIRO’s financial processes.
This is us
We are a team of IT all-stars who are relentlessly focused on making Unified Communications hassle-free. We do that by helping organizations choose, deploy, and manage their ideal UC stack any way they want without the hassle of figuring it out on their own.
ZIRO is a high-growth company with:
- an experienced leadership team with decades of UC know-how
- builders and problem-solvers who give a s**t
- the drive to continuously improve by taking risks, owning it, and getting s**t done
This is you
You’re a strategic thinker who’s not scared to get your hands dirty. You roll up your sleeves and get things done… correction… you get things done well. Accurate and tidy – that’s how you like to keep records. You hold high standards and your reasoning is rock-solid. You’re on point 99% of the time. Don’t worry, we know that stuff happens to the best of us, including you, nevertheless, you always find the right way to self-correct. That’s the thing about you: you always know what to do.
What you will do
- Ensure internal control compliance.
- Perform new client contract reviews.
- Finance policy development and training.
- Reconcile banking statements each month.
- Deliver monthly in-house financial statements.
- Tax filing in Canada, income tax, SRED, E-Business, and Sales.
- Comply with FCC, CRTC, and other telecom body filing regulations.
- Prepare all tax filing and government correspondence.
- Help us set and meet financial KPIs that reflect our growth plans.
- Implement a budget review process to track actuals against Pro-forma.
- Manage accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll functions.
- Set up proper GL accounts so we can track ZIRO’s P&L by department, client, and solution.
- Standardize ZIRO’s financial processes to improve decision-making and ensure we can scale.
- Ad-hoc reporting and tasks such as but not limited to approving all invoices, and managing the employee expense approval.
What you need to do it
- CPA preferred.
- Experience with QuickBooks.
- Experience working in growing SMBs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Legal – the ability to read and understand contracts.
- 5+ years experience in Accounting and Financial Analysis.
- Tech-savvy – comfortable with new systems and integrations.
- Taxation Law – a good understanding of Canadian/US tax laws is a bonus but not a requirement.
How to apply
If you’re curious about us and the role, apply today. Let’s see if there is a fit, now or in the future. We think we have something pretty special going on here. If you agree, don’t miss your chance to be part of it.
- Email your résumé and your cover letter to: email@example.com
- Include “Financial Controller” with your name in the subject line
We are a hybrid workplace. Interviews will be conducted via video calls.